Friday, August 31, 2007

Back in the saddle

After riding along the scenic byway of 30a, it was really tough to mount up and hit the streets of my hometown. Florida really spoiled me; the roads were rolling, drivers were understanding, and the scenery was breathtaking....it was perfect for riding. Considering some of my recent rides at home, it was a much needed change.

Yesterday, I rode the 29th street loop. Its an 11 mile (x2) trip beginning with a steady incline of about 4 miles - enough to burn all the matches of my "lactate threshold" matchbook according to my cycling coach/4 time national masters champion/sister-in-law, Renee Eastman. I had planned to do intervals but didn't have the discipline.

I intend to ride the the town loop in Lexington Saturday morning to counter the tailgating overindulgence planned for that night. I'm taking my oldest daughter, Jordana, to the UK v. EKU football game as an early birthday present...she turns 4 Sunday!!

Prediction #1: UK by 24

Prediction#2: We take a cab back to the Lexington house.

No comments: